Pages

Tuesday 22 April 2014

MAC Lipstick | Russian Red

This is my Very first post on this blog. I have no fan or followers yet. with my fingures Crossed i am still writing a review post.

Today I wanted to do a lipstick review of the MAC lipstick Russian Red which is very raved Lipstick and almost every makeup lover owns its. I don't have that many MAC lipsticks even though they are really good quality, I think I only have three.

There is no question that MAC do really great quality products but the main reason why a lot of people ( beauty bloggers/gurus aside) don't buy that many MAC products is because of how expensive they are. I don't even need to think or look anything thing up to tell you that MAC lipsticks are €18 here where I live. 

MAC's Russian Red lipstick is best known as the must have red lipstick for everyone. It is supposed to suit everyone well and unlike other red lipsticks which can make your teeth appear more yellow, Russian Red has a Matte finish which is one of my favourite MAC finishes. The finish is basically matte, obviously, with no sheen or glossy appearance. The color is a beautiful deep red and is really pigmented, so you don' have to worry about it not transferring well to your lips. I also doesn't dry out your lips or make them appear to be more dry than they actually are like other lipsticks can. 

I find that the Russian Red lipstick, like other MAC lipsticks, lasts for a really long time, especially if you put lip liner underneath it, which you usually need to do to get the perfect red lip anyway. I usually just line around my lips first with a cheap Essence lip liner in red blush. Overall, I really like this lipstick, not only for the great quality that most MAC lipsticks have but I also really love the colour and the finish.

I hope you liked this post.I Know i still need to workout on my photography and reviewing skills. Any comments to improve would be really appreciated.



3 comments:

  1. hi dear welcome to the blogging world....I'll be your follower for sure!!hehehe the red look reli matte ah...why not you show us the lipstick swatch on your lip???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the much needed appreciation hun. sure will update the post with lip swatches

      Delete
  2. Russian Red is such a beautiful shade. A must-have product for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete